Our civil engineering department consists of professional staff experienced in many aspects of the design of highway and roadway projects.
Our engineering specialize in rehabilitation and reconstruction projects, maintenance of traffic and detours, design of bridge approaches, parking lot layout and design, and site development.
As the protection of our natural environment is a concern for many agencies, we design erosion and sediment control (E&S) plans, perform stormwater management (SWM) design, and prepare and submit any necessary permits associated with our projects.
Our designers are familiar with several of the local agencies requirements for Environmental Site Design, Water Quality and Quantity control, TMDL and other mitigation or design requirements for the successful approval of a project. Our E&S and SWM designers all have MDE Green and Yellow Cards certifications.
Our Civil Engineering services include:
- Design of horizontal and vertical alignments
- Pavement marking and signing plans and design
- ADA Ramp and Sidewalk design
- Alternates analysis making use of Kepner-Tregoe
- Permitting (E&S, SWM, JPA, NOI, etc.)
- Layout and design for sanitary water main and storm water utilities, and as-built plans
- Specification and special provision writing
- Quantity and cost estimating
Cindy Fink, P.E.